Everyone wants healthy radiant skin, but sometimes the stress of modern day life or bad habits wreak havoc with the largest organ in your body. Keep in mind that healthy skin starts from the inside out and is a reflection of what you eat and drink, as well as your lifestyle. Natural skin care is about using natural skin care products to clean, exfoliate, tone, and moisturize your skin--and remove make-up if you wear it.
5 Tips for Natural Skin Care
1. Use extra virgin olive oil to remove eye make-up. Pour a few drops on a cotton swab or cotton ball and gently wipe away eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara.
2. Cleanse your skin with real soap made of glycerin. Most of the soaps sold today are made with synthetic detergents that can strip natural oils from your skin.
3. It's easy to make your own exfoliating scrubs that are gentle on your skin. Try this recipe: Honey & Brown Sugar Face Scrub or Lavender & Rosemary Body Scrub Recipes.
4. Toner is an astringent that helps shrink and tighten the skin temporarily. You can make your own toner by steeping a few raspberry leaf teabags in some boiling water and letting it cool. Apply toner using cotton balls after cleansing skin thoroughly.
5. Jojoba oil made from the desert plant of the same name is a wonderfully light moisturizer that will make your skin look and feel supple-and won't leave your skin feeling oily or too dry.
Recommended Books About Natural Skin Care
Green Living | | Kitchen | | Garden | | Antiques & Jewels