Want smoother, softer skin? Legend has it that Cleopatra bathed in milk to keep her skin soft and young looking. Renee Zellweger swears by the oxygen and milk mask at Bliss. If you want to join the rest of the famous beauties, then try a Milk and Honey Face Mask for smoother softer skin. Just one of several natural anti-aging remedies, the milk and honey facemask is ideal for the over 25 crowd when fine lines and other signs of aging first start to appear.
Cow Milk versus Goat Milk for Skin
Although whole cow's milk is fine, goat's milk or cultured goat's milk (plain flavored Yo-Goat for example) is even better. The kicker is that sometimes goat milk smells a bit like, well, goats, but it's actually a much better choice.
Goat's milk contains a substance called caprylic acid that helps maintain the skin's natural pH level, which is slightly acidic to prevent the overgrowth of bacteria. Caprylic acid is also easily absorbed into the skin and helps exfoliate dead skin calls helping to keep your skin smooth, soft, and supple.
Goat Milk and Honey Face Mask
- 2 tablespoons of Goat Milk
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- Plastic Wrap
1. Take the plastic wrap and cut the corners to make an oval slightly larger than your face. Cut openings for nostrils and mouth. After you make the mask and apply it, you'll be covering your face with the plastic wrap for about 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Add goat milk to a small bowl. Slowly stir in honey. Mix well and stir until mixture is smooth. It will be slightly runny but that's fine.
3. Apply the mixture to your face with your fingertips. Set timer for 10 minutes. Lie 0down and cover face with plastic wrap. When the 10 minutes are up, wipe face with cotton balls and rinse with cool or lukewarm water. Gently pat skin dry.
4. If you really want to clean out your pores and get rid of blackheads and blemishes, try a steam facial first, followed by the Goat Milk and Honey Face Mask. If not, simply follow up with your favorite moisturizer.
More Natural Beauty articles
Green Living | | Kitchen | | Garden | | Parenting| | Antiques | | Environment